Dear Friends of the IUF,
I hope that you are all enjoying a great start to 2011. I am very excited to announce that beginning in a few weeks, the IUF will begin a new membership program. While membership fees have been collected in the past, our new program will help in the process of bringing unicyclists together all over the world. Some highlights of the program:
- Each individual membership will cost 10 Euro and will last for a two year period.
- Any competitor or non-competitor wishing to participate in UNICON will be required to be members of the IUF.
- Membership dues will be collected on our website (iufinc.org) once the UNICON XVI Registration commences.
- Individuals who are not registering for UNICON XVI may become members of the IUF at a future date, TBD.
Membership fee will allow for:
(1) Seed money for UNICON hosts;
(2) Development of unicycling around the world;
(3) Further convention aspect of UNICON;
(4) Creation of an IUF Publication;
(5) D & O Insurance for Executive Board;
(6) Expansion of online resources and database
Upon becoming a member of the IUF, an individual will:
(1) Be able to participate in UNICON (if qualified through country method) and other IUF-sponsored events;
(2) Receive a quarterly electronic newsletter;
(3) Obtain a IUF Membership card and ID;
(4) Connect with unicyclists from around the world through an international resource database;
(5) Test for the International Unicycling Federation Skill Levels;
(6) Support the development and growth of unicycling around the world.
More information will be available soon.
Thanks again for your support of the IUF and the sport of unicycling across the globe.
President | International Unicycling Federation
Hello fellow unicyclists!
I hope all is well! On behalf of the IUF Executive Board and Representatives, I am very excited to begin work on improving, modernizing and strengthening the international unicycling community in the next few years. As a starting point, the IUF Executive Board held our first meeting a few weeks ago to begin discussing goals and priorities, the future of the sport and necessary improvements. Please take a few minutes to look over our first meeting’s minutes, http://iufinc.org/about/minutes, if you would like to see which specific areas were discussed. A few highlights:
- Membership: The IUF is looking to establish an official membership system by 2012. Many details are still being worked out, but we will keep you updated as we begin to put the structure in place.
- Post-UNICON Survey: In the next few days, UNICON 15 participants will be receiving a survey aimed to assist us in planning future events. Please take a few moments to voice your opinion!
- Committees: We are pleased to announce that four committees are already up and running, with a few more in the works. Rulebook, Convention, World Records and Skill Level Development Committee Chairs’ contact information can all be found on our website, http://iufinc.org/committees. Committee Chairs will also soon begin blogging about their respective committee’s progress.
- Website and Social Media: Thanks to our webmaster Gossi, the IUF is now connected to Twitter and Facebook! If you want to be even more up-to-date with the IUF, make sure you follow us. In addition, if there is any content that you would like to see on our new website, please let us know!
Thanks again for your continued support for the IUF!
President, International Unicycling Federation